Sunday, November 7, 2010

What's My Name?

So I thought it would be interesting to find out the most commonly occurring names in my genealogical database! Yes! This is the kind of stuff I find interesting! LOL!!

So, from my exported .csv file, here's what I found out:


Most Occurring Male Name = JOHN


Yep, good old John.

And based on that, it might not be a surprise to find out that:


Most Occurring Female Name = MARY.


Not very exotic, I have to admit. :-)


And here is the top 5 for male and female:

Male
1. John
2. William
3. Thomas
4. Samuel
5. James

Female
1. Mary
2. Elizabeth
3. Sarah
4. Hannah
5. Margaret

Looking at those names, you might get an idea of where my lines come from on my mother's side (which is the tree I'm researching) - they are mostly solid old New England stock. I am sadly lacking in exotic-ness (although, I do have one woman whose first name is "Dangereuse" - so come on, that is so outstandingly awesome it almost makes up for everything else).

I have 8,044 people in my mom's family tree, and based on the numbers, there is a 30.5% chance that (if you are in my tree), your first name is one of the names listed above.

No comments:

Post a Comment